WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY INTERNET
New in protection:
* Improved HIPS (Host-based Intrusion Prevention System) technology assigns a danger rating to unknown programs. The Application Control component uses HIPS to define rules for new and already known applications, which may restrict their access to the file and operating
* Innovative Sandbox technology has been implemented, which uses virtualization to create a secure environment for program execution. New software can be tested in this environment, which isolates the host operating
* Increased use of Kaspersky Security Network considerably decreases the threat response time, due to information received from other users. The service aims to minimize the time necessary to detect and neutralize new types of threats. When a user starts a program, the service checks it against white lists and Urgent Detection System lists on Kaspersky
* The protection of personal user data has been extended and enhanced. For instance, Kaspersky Internet Security automatically prevents inadvertent users from accessing known
* The new Script Emulator analyzes the behavior of scripts, to assess their potential harmfulness. It simulates the operation of the Java Script and Visual Basic Script engines, which are supported by default in Microsoft Internet
* The new IM Anti-Virus component ensures the safe operation of most instant
* Improvements to the Virtual keyboard component provide safer entry of personal information, by protecting data from being intercepted by spyware and preventing screenshot capture.
* Significant improvements to the Anti-Spam component now provide two methods for detecting spam: exact and expert. Exact methods apply strict filtering criteria to a message, which determine unambiguously whether or not a message is spam. Expert methods investigate email messages that have passed strict filtering criteria. As such messages cannot be unambiguously considered spam, the component calculates the probability that they are spam.
* Components of Kaspersky Internet Security can be temporarily disabled, to
* Monitoring access to phishing websites and protection against phishing
* Improvements have been made to all the application's existing components, including the Firewall, Parental Control, and Anti-Spam components, and particularly the Heuristic analyzer.
* The anti-virus kernel of Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 has been significantly improved, to provide more efficient
* Kaspersky Internet Security includes the URL scanning module managed by Web Anti-Virus. This module scans links on the web page, comparing the website addresses against its database of suspicious and phishing websites. This module is provided for Microsoft Internet
* The update procedure has been improved. Kaspersky Internet Security's databases are now updated not only according to their schedule, but also when new security threats appear.
* The creation of Rescue Disks has been improved. The service should be used when the infection reaches a level at which the computer cannot be disinfected using either anti-virus applications, or
New in the application interface:
* The application interface has been completely redesigned, to make Kaspersky Internet Security significantly more accessible to first-time users.
* Kaspersky Internet Security features an automatic mode in which the application automatically makes optimal decisions, so avoiding excessive requests to the user.